Tuesday 25 May 2010

YouTube twit or nitwit.

"Until I lost 900 videos, I never actually considered there was anything unsafe about trusting a company such as Google to protect my data. After all, who keeps photos in a shoebox any more?"

A blogger, name withheld for legal reasons, had his YouTube account removed after uploading a video from a gig by British comedian Jimmy Carr.

The BBC article re this man who "lost" his videos from Google/YouTube, raised my ire. He obviously transgressed, not for the 1st time, and deserved all he got. His comments about his 900 video files, and who uses shoe-boxes, were childish, and offensive. As someone who keeps my own video files, on my own storage devices, I have no desire to use on-line storage applications, such as Facebook or YouTube, and if he wants storage, he should pay for it. People like him, who take unauthorised videos, using their mobile phones, and then upload them, are pirates, and need slapping down.

No comments: